The First Pitch – Cubs 8 Padres 7Leave a Comment
2’s DAYS NUMBERS.
Two – The Cubs play a double-header at Wrigley Wednesday.
Four – The Cubs are 24-1 when scoring four runs or more.
Six – The Cubs have six players with a batting average of .300 or more.
Eight – The Cubs have won eight games in a row.
1. Jon Lester pitched six complete innings giving up three runs on four hits, one walk, and four strikeouts to go 4-1 on the year.
2. Ben Zobrist went 4-for-4 with four singles while scoring three times.
3. Addison Russel went 2-3 with three RBI’s.
4. Justin Grimm and Adam Warren teamed up to allow a Grand Slam in the eighth inning to make it a one run game.
5. Cubs reliever Hector Rondon preserved the win with another one-two-three ninth-including two strikeouts-to earn his seventh save.
May 11, 1955 – With the help of an Ernie Banks grand slam, Chicago snaps Brooklyn’s 11-game winning streak, 10-8.
The bases-filled homer will be Mr. Cub’s first of five on the year.