THE FIRST PITCH Cubs 5 Marlins 4Leave a Comment
Willson Contreras hit a two-run home run in the first inning and a game winning single in the seventh to give the #Cubs a 5-4 victory over the #Marlins.
1. The Cubs tagged Marlins starter Tom Koehler for four runs in the first inning, but Koehler recovered allowing only one more hit in his final five shutout innings.
2. Javier Baez made two dazzling plays at third base with one winding up in the stands for an out.
3. Kyle Hendricks who walked four batters, is the first pitcher since 1900 to pitch at least five innings and give up just one hit with that hit being a grand slam.
4. Willson Contreras is batting .412 with eight RBIs after seven games in the big leagues.
5. Anthony Rizzo will be back in the lineup on Saturday while Ben Zobrist probably won’t. Zobrist took a pitch on the back of his left foot. X-rays were negative.
#cubbychubby2016 #mlb #chicagocubs
June 25, 2007 – A distraught fan named Brent Kowalkoski jumps onto the field and charges the mound toward Bob Howry after the Cub reliever blows an 8-3 ninth-inning lead to Colorado at Wrigley Field. The fan makes it a few feet from his intended target before security guards tackled him, and the right-hander will get the win when Alfonso Soriano hits a game-ending two-run single in the bottom of the frame to give Chicago an improbable 10-9 victory.