We’re happy to report that The Cubby Chubby Song made it’s debut on ESPN 1000’s Waddle and Silvy Show Thursday evening to rave reviews. Our thanks to the boys for sharing the Cub Chub love!
Kris Bryant’s blast off the video board was his 13th homer of the year and the fourth time he’s connected in consecutive games this season.
1. Julio Urias became the first teenage pitcher to face the #Cubs since 19-year-old Mets sensation Dwight Gooden on April 13, 1984. Urias lasted 5 innings, giving up 8 hits and 6 runs.
2. Javier Baez put on a clinic at second base with a diving catch in shallow center of Carl Crawford’s liner with one out in the fifth, and in the sixth, he made a backhanded flip of a Chase Utley grounder in time to Anthony Rizzo at first.
3. The Cubs got home runs from Javier Baez, Jason Heyward, Kris Bryant and Anthony Rizzo as they improved to 37-15.
4. Kyle Hendricks (4-4, 2.84 ERA) went eight innings allowing two runs on three hits and striking out six.
5. The Cubs are now 29-5 when hitting at least one home run.
June 3, 2003 – The infamous corked bat game takes place at Wrigley signifying the beginning of the end for Sammy Sosa.